Thursday, January 24, 2008

Can You Make a Great Day for Others?

I have always been The Day is What You Make It guy. I get asked so many times, “How long have you been like this”?
I always think back to a seminar that I attended back in about 1980 or so. This was a great day of great days of great speakers.
Zig Ziglar, Art Linkletter, Dr. Robert Shuller and a guy named Ira Hayes. As Ira was talking, he brought up the question, “How many times have you asked someone how are you doing?”.
When you go on to tell them just how bad a day you had or all things wrong in your life, they really didn’t want that much information.
How often do you hear people respond when asked the same question, “My day is going great” or “It’s the best day of my life”? I came away from that seminar with a totally new attitude.
When people asked me how I was doing, I told them “Great”, and then thought of what was going good in my life that day. They would walk away with a big smile!
I know people llike to hear more good than bad. It was amazing to hear people say, “Thanks for sharing that with me. I wasn’t having all that great a day until I talked with you. I think my day just got better”, they would tell me. I realized that making my day great and sharing it can help others have a great day, too!

So, don’t just make your day great, but share it!

Steve

1 comment:

  1. When Steve first said those words to us at work, we all laughed. But then I got to thinking, I have always been a glass half full person. When things go wrong, I usually think how much better off I am than others, so the bad isn't so bad. My husband says I am the eternal optomist. So maybe Steve and I are not so different. He just puts it out there for all to see and that't okay. I will try to make a great day for others too.

    ReplyDelete